Keep Your Kids Safe
One of the things we worry about the most as parents is keep our kids safe. We see so many instances in the news of the kidnappings and killings of children, of serial molesters and rapists, and of the rampant use of child porn.
Here are some scary facts:
· Over 2,100 children go missing every day, that’s one child every 40 seconds.
· 1 in 6 boys is sexually abused before the age of 16.
· There are 728,345 registered sex offenders in the United State.
· The re-arrest rate of convicted child molesters is 52%
Now I don’t think we need to live in constant fear because that would not allow our children to develop properly but I do think that we, as parents, need to be aware. One great tool to help with that is to sign up at kidslivesafe.com.
If you sign up you will be able to:
1. Search, map, and view complete sex offender profiles.
2. Receive an instant email alert when a sex offender moves into your monitored area.
3. Safely monitor your children online.
4. Use their Emergency Response Profiles if your child is lost or abducted.
5. Learn your city’s true crime rate.
6. Use their learning center to stay up to date with critical child care information and resources.
Empower yourself to protect your children!
*I am a Kids Live Safe affiliate.