Less than Perfect Parents
For any parent who's a little less than perfect.
Monday, September 17, 2012
Monday, July 9, 2012
Finding a Trusted Caretaker
If you want to check it out for yourself just enter your zip code above to start searching!
Friday, June 29, 2012
Italian Chicken Dish
Chicken thigh & breast cut into 1/4 pieces (about 20 pieces)
1 pound Sicilian green olives-crack them
3/4 full small bottle of Capers
1 pound Italian black olives
1 bulb of garlic peeled and squeezed
Oregano to taste
1 cup wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup cut up onions
Fry chicken in olive oil enough to brown surface. Put in roasting pan.
Blanch celery, carrots, and onions. Put into roasting pan.
Combine olive oil, wine vinegar, parsley, garlic and pour over chicken. Must be enough at the bottom of pan to cook through the chicken.
Cook at 325 degrees for approximately 1/2 hour uncovered. Mix every so often. The longer the chicken is cooked, the crunchier it is.
Monday, February 20, 2012
Best Friends Help Improve Your Child's Health, Researchers Say
This guest post is contributed by Katheryn Rivas, who writes on the topics of online universities advice. She welcomes your comments at her email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Keep Your Kids Safe
One of the things we worry about the most as parents is keep our kids safe. We see so many instances in the news of the kidnappings and killings of children, of serial molesters and rapists, and of the rampant use of child porn.
Here are some scary facts:
· Over 2,100 children go missing every day, that’s one child every 40 seconds.
· 1 in 6 boys is sexually abused before the age of 16.
· There are 728,345 registered sex offenders in the United State.
· The re-arrest rate of convicted child molesters is 52%
Now I don’t think we need to live in constant fear because that would not allow our children to develop properly but I do think that we, as parents, need to be aware. One great tool to help with that is to sign up at kidslivesafe.com.
If you sign up you will be able to:
1. Search, map, and view complete sex offender profiles.
2. Receive an instant email alert when a sex offender moves into your monitored area.
3. Safely monitor your children online.
4. Use their Emergency Response Profiles if your child is lost or abducted.
5. Learn your city’s true crime rate.
6. Use their learning center to stay up to date with critical child care information and resources.
Empower yourself to protect your children!
*I am a Kids Live Safe affiliate.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Monday, February 6, 2012
Paint Swatch Calendar
|Now it's an official calendar!|