Monday, May 16, 2011

Black Bean Burgers

I have a few friends who are vegetarians and I love to give my family vegetarian meals several times a week.  I find it so hard to find new recipes that provide enough protein AND taste good too.  This is a recipe that one of my friends gave me and it is delicious.  My father is a steak and potatoes kind of guy and even he loves these burgers!

Ingredients
3 can black bean, drained
1 can corn, drained
Chopped onions
Chopped carrots
3 sweet potatoes, steamed, chopped and cubed

Directions

1.       Preheat Panini-grill

2.       In large bowl, mash the black beans

3.       Add everything, mix well

4.       Form into patties (size is a personal preference)

5.       Let cook for 5 minutes on Panini (should spray with nonstick on top and bottom)

What are your favorite vegetarian recipes?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Denise McDonough said...

OH this sounds sooooooooooo good! I might have to make them over the weekend!!!!

I am following you from the thirsty thursday blog hop! Cute blog you have here and I am now following! I hope you can check me out and stick around I have loads of giveaways through out the weekend for my BIRTHDAY BASH! Thank you :)
http://mommy2nanny3doggy1.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home