Monday, March 7, 2011

Pink Halter: Two Looks

      So I'm all about finding pieces that I can get a lot of use out of.  When I saw this pink halter I fell in love an knew I could get a lot of use out of it!  First of all, it's pink and girly which I love.  Second, it's a halter and I have been working my butt off in the gym since November doing tons of arm and shoulder workouts so I can rock out the halter this year.  Finally all that hard work will pay off!  The first outfit is a daytime outfit.  This could be something you wear out to lunch with the girls or carting the kids around.  When I was putting it together I was imagining myself looking hot running errands and then going to a baseball game.  The flip flops are so my heels won't stick in the dirt as I'm walking across the field.  The jeans so nothing will show up if I get something on my butt from sitting on the benches.  The watch is to keep track of the time for when those games run soooo slow.  The sunglasses to keep the sun out of my eyes.  The bag is big so I can keep extra snacks, water, and whatever else my son asks me to hold onto while he's playing.  I included some small earrings because what mom wants to wear big earrings while hanging out on a field?
     Now here is the second look.  I went for a glamourous look with a lot of gold and I based this outfit on things I normally don't do it mommy mode.  First of all, wearing white pants for obvious reasons.  I would never in a million years wear white pants within a mile of my son so it feels so good to get an opportunity to wear them.  Second, wearing dangly earring when you have a boy is a mistake because you never know when your going to have to go chasing after a frog or throw a ball around or dodge a soccer ball that was accidently kicked at your head.  These things cause dangley earring to get all tangled in your hair.  So I'm going to enjoy them when I'm off duty.  Third, a clutch purse that only holds things for you, such as lipstick, money, and keys is a luxury because most of us have gigantic purses to hold all of our kid's stuff.  Fourth, wearing delicate high heels is something I only do when I go out away from kids.
 
Which look is your favorite?  Do you have special pieces of clothes that you can dress up or down for lots of different occasions?
 

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At March 7, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Anonymous Isabella said...

These outfits are so feminine and flirty! I love them!

I especially love the evening look. I love how you matched the dark pink coat with the darkest swirls in the shirt and the gold buttons go with the gold jewelry. Beautiful!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! That halter top is gorgeous! I like the first look with the jeans. That's how I would wear it.

 
At March 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM , Blogger Joyful Mommy said...

Lovely blog! So stunning. Just discovered you through MBC and am your newest follower...

 
At March 10, 2011 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Sonia Kathuria said...

Good blog, i liked the collection of accessories.
Following u from MBC:
http://soniakathuria2010.blogspot.com

 
At March 10, 2011 at 10:01 PM , Blogger A Hootie Hoot said...

Love the first look! I'm always in jeans and what a great way to dress them up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home